Creative Lead [Closed]
About our team and company:
We are a team that is passionate about telling great stories through beautiful, well-thought, and planned-for visuals. We work hard to create impressive videos that help deliver business and marketing goals, but more importantly, convey a strong message to the right audience. Our experienced team brings complex marketing messaging to life through engaging, emotional, and memorable video content.
We are looking for an amazing new teammate to join us as a Creative Lead. You have a talent for idea and concept generation, leading our pre-production process, and overseeing the video production process. You, therefore, are a strong planner that has a good handle on everything that goes on before, during and after a shoot. This role is based out of our downtown office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Lead Creative Thinker – Coming up with ideas and visuals is one of your top strengths. You can visualize every step of the process from inception to completion
- Lead Pre-production – You are a very strong video planner and can not only come up with an idea but can also see through the initial preparation ahead of a video shoot.
- Writer – Whether it is a script, a story board, or a concept, you are a strong writer who can easily conceptualize and communicate a video in writing.
- Storyboard – You can come up with a strong concept and bring that to life in a storyboard.
- Shot list – You can see the shots in your head and can develop a killer shot list for game day!
- Coordinate Video Production process – You will lead the charge of our production process from the idea generation through to completion, coordinating with the rest of the team on the creation of our videos.
- Shoot planning – From location planning to shoot-day logistics, you can own the preparation process.
- Equipment planning and prep – You love cameras, gear, and tech and enjoy thinking about the right tools for the job
- Cinematographer – You love beautiful, well composed & lit imagery
- Solo shooter – Sometimes, you will need to be the only shooter on set, and you can own it!
- Directing shoots and crew – You are comfortable on set and can direct your subjects, cast and crew.
- Assisting on set – You are equally strong at assisting and can think steps ahead of what is happening.
- Assisting with other aspects of the production process – You’re a video maker at heart—you enjoy pitching in to help with shooting or editing, or whatever else it takes to take us across the finish line.
Your character and qualifications:
- Passionate visual storyteller (with a proven track record)
- A great filmmaker who can see ahead of time all aspects of a production
- Strong writer with a track record (scripts, storyboards, blog, content, copy, etc)
- You have previously worked on a project planning role or capacity where you are required to think 5 steps ahead.
- A strong planner with a keen attention to detail
- Communicates like a pro
- Project management experience in a creative industry.
- Working with a team from beginning to end throughout the process of creating a creative product.
- Strong knowledge of filmmaking fundamentals & cinematic language
- Wants to be a part of our growth and make sure his/her contribution is felt
- Adheres to the mentality that there is always room for improvement and learning
- Energetic team player, because video making is a team sport
- Problem-solving is second nature
- Patience and commitment to understanding client needs
- Possess excellent technical knowledge of video gear operation
- 3-5 years of previous experience in video/film production
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (who can also research, learn and adapt)
- Post-secondary education ideally in film, digital media, photography, marketing, or an equivalent field
You’ll score extra points for:
- Strong video editor with advanced knowledge of non-linear video editing applications like Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experienced scriptwriters – knowledge of software applications like Celtx or Final Draft would earn you even more points.
- Graphic designer and/or illustrator with a flair for graphic asset development
- 2D/3D animator
Benefits and perks of working with us:
- Be a part of a growing company and make your impact a part of our success. We are serious about bringing in a growth-addicted, go-getter who shares our passion, vision, and commitment
- We share a workspace with Calder Bateman, one of Alberta’s top PR/marketing agencies that hosts some of Edmonton’s leading communication experts. That means we are part of a really cool office and have lots of amazing people around, but also, a whole lot of facilities, lunch buddies, and fun socials!
- We are proud to invest in our people—we want you to get better and better at what you do and grow with us
- You will have access to health benefits (as you should!)
- We are fortunate to have great clients who love what we do (and we never take this for granted so we work hard to keep it this way)
Start Date: Early June 2017
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and online portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 31, 2017.