Assistant Editor and Animator (closed)
About our team and company:
We are a team that is passionate about telling great stories through beautiful, well-thought, and planned-for visuals. We work hard to create impressive videos that help deliver business and marketing goals, but more importantly, convey a strong message to the right audience. Since 2014, we’ve been earning the trust of some of Alberta’s leading brands and agencies—helping them achieve great results using video.
As a team and individuals, we are a very friendly, open and embracing. We are young and hungry and love the fact that day to day we get to play with cameras and do this for a living. Beers or bourbon after a long day are often common occurrences you can look forward to. Same with lunch runs or team hangouts.
About the position:
As the Assistant Editor and Animator, you’ll have an important role in the execution of video projects, specifically on the post-production end of things. You are passionate, driven, and seek to create exceptional work, chase unique challenges, and pursue continuous learning opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or education in film/video production. This role is based out of our downtown office in Edmonton, Alberta. In this role, reporting to the Post-Production Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
In collaboration and with direct guidance from our Post-Production Lead, you will:
- Edit Video — You’ll edit rough cuts, make revisions to rough cuts and assist the post-production lead in producing final cuts
- Create & Animate Motion Graphics— you’ll use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects to create, conceptualize and animate motion graphics
- Mix Sound — you’ll use Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition to edit, clean, normalize and refine sound for video
- Correct/Grade Colour— you’ll do primary and secondary colour correction and grading using Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve
- Manage Media Assets — you’ll manage and organize our media assets. You’ll meticulously ingest and transcode new projects, as well as archive completed projects.
- Media Management and System Integrity – You will also develop and maintain a system for meta tagging all footage in our archival system to allow for ease of searchability
Secondary: On-set Assistance
A secondary part of your role will include assisting in a variety of roles on set such as:
- Production Assistant — you’ll help out on set in a variety of roles
- Camera Assistant — you’ll sometimes find yourself helping set up camera rigs and stabilization tools
- Gaffer / Lighting Assistant — you might also assist the Director of Photography in designing and setting up lights
Your Character and Qualifications:
- You’re a good communicator in person and online
- You have a genuine passion for visual storytelling
- You’re meticulous and detail-oriented
- You’re a team player who will always pitch in to help with any task
- You have a positive mental attitude and receptive of constructive feedback
- You’re a self-starter who can can work with minimum supervision
- Post-secondary education ideally in film, digital media, photography, marketing, or an equivalent field
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Applications including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator and Photoshop (who can also research, learn and adapt)
- Knowledge of Maya or Cinema 4D is considered an asset
- 1-2 years of previous experience in video/film production, specifically in post-production
Benefits and perks of working with us:
- Be a part of a growing company and make your impact a part of our success. We are serious about bringing in a growth-addicted, go-getter who shares our passion, vision, and commitment
- We share a workspace with Calder Bateman, one of Alberta’s top PR/marketing agencies that hosts some of Edmonton’s leading communication experts. That means we are part of a really cool office and have lots of amazing people around, but also, a whole lot of facilities, lunch buddies, and fun socials!
- We are proud to invest in our people—we want you to get better and better at what you do and grow with us
- You will have access to health benefits (as you should!)
- We are fortunate to have great clients who love what we do (and we never take this for granted so we work hard to keep it this way)
How to Apply
This posting is now closed.
Start Date: As soon as we find the right candidate.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
We look forward to hearing from you!